FFA Nationals

image found on Google Images

image found on Google Images

Congratulations FFA! They went to The National Convention and did very well! Here are some of the people who placed: Wells Thompson placed third overall in Creed Speaking! Rhett and Treven Summers got silver competing in Power, Structural, and Technical Systems in the Agriscience fair. Wyatt Larsen, Chet Major, James Curdy, and Brayden Summers competed in Natural Resources and got a silver ranking. The Parliamentary Procedures Team involved Hannah Welker, Shaylee Poppleton, Baylee Summers, Autumn Clark, Sam Wiberg and Reagen Watrin. This team also succeeded in receiving a silver ranking. Congratulations to our very own MC FFA! It is a great honor and you represented us well! 

I had the opportunity to talk to some of the people who went to nationals. What surprised me was the training that went into the competitions. Wells Thompson, who competed in Creed Speaking, had been training vigorously before school, during flex, and after school. The amount of work that was put into nationals was unfathomable. For example, the Parliamentary Procedures team started training in the summer.  I asked Wells what he learned from this opportunity and he replied, “It just shows that hard work pays off.” He went on to say that he made history, as nobody remembers the last time a Utah Creed Speaker advanced to the final four. Not only was it hard work, but it was fun too. There were many things to do at the Convention, and each student had their fair share of fun and activities. From their experience, this FFA chapter will work harder after this success.

Not only was it a success for the students who went to Nationals, but those who stayed back succeeded also. Those who were left behind, cheered on their peers as a large family. They had a lot to be proud of, and we do too! Mountain Crest’s FFA chapter was recognized in a brilliant way. Not only were they recognized nationally, but they were also recognized locally. FFA is a fairly recognized organization here at MC, but most people have only heard of it. Because of this achievement, students were able to look at the FFA in a new light–they were proud of their peers. FFA is a student-run organization, so the students get all the attention, but most people don’t know this. Some people are prejudiced against FFA, saying that they would not belong in this amazing organization. Mr. Stephens would like to inform you that, “[the FFA program] is not just cows, sows and plows…it is about preparing yourself as a leader.” He goes on to say that the FFA is welcoming and encourage all to participate. Because of this, we at Mountain Crest should be proud of this organization that represented our school.

Special thanks to Reagan Watrin for helping me so much;)