Nicole Francis: Memories of Mountain Crest

Nicole at MC game with friends

How student life at Mountain Crest has been for Nicole Francis.

Nicole enjoyed lots of things at Mountain crest but when talking to her most of her favorite memories were at school events.  She loved the football games. In Nicole’s sophomore year Ridgeline lost to Mountain Crest in football and she says that was her favorite football game for sure! She enjoyed the chalk fights, plays, and jr prom as well. She loved the haunted hall during Halloween. 

One of her favorite things about Mountain Crest was the variety of classes she was able to take. She says Government science was one of the most educational classes she took. The reason for that is because she says she knew nothing about politics and it was good to learn about it.

Her favorite class was for sure seminary and her least favorite was math. She hated math! She said, “It’d be so hard you’d start laughing then it’d turn into tears.”

Nicole shared lots of fun memories from her time at MC but her favorite year was her Sr year. She said, “Senior year is the best because you’re the oldest, you can take whatever classes you want, and despite the stress of jobs and colleges it’s a party.”

Some fun memories she shared was one time she brought cake and each day her and her friends would have cake everyday in flex. She enjoyed making her friends laugh when the class got dull and those moments were some of her favorite memories. 

One memory she says will definitely be in her memory forever is one day she left her keys on the bus to Bridgerland. She was also feeling sick so she was going home and as she got in her car she realized her keys were gone. She called the district and explained the situation then waited forever for someone to come open the gate to the buses so she could go in and get the keys. Finally someone came, but not from the district. The person worked for the buses and thought Nicole was a sub bus driver. She gave Nicole the keys to the bus and told her good luck with her route. 

A normal day for Nichole was waking up, mornings were the worst she said. Coming to school and slowly getting out of her shell and at the end of the day she was more crazy and outgoing and loved spending time at school with her friends. 

The hardest part of Highschool for her and what she believes is the hardest part was juggling work, school, family, friends, sleeping, and sports. One thing that definitely helped with that was teachers who actually cared for her rather than when most teachers just care about the grade and work. Brother Heywood, her seminary teacher, and her concealer, Amy Nelson. 

Her least favorite part of highschool was Covid screwing everything up her freshman year, and having to wear a mask her sophomore year.  She was super glad her Junior and Senior year was able to have a normal highschool experience. 

Nicole shared some great advice for anyone entering highschool is, “Don’t spend highschool trying to be someone you’re not. Stop trying to fit in. Just go with the flow!”