Student Highlight – Bracken Hertzler

Bracken Herzler(12)

Bracken Hertzler, a senior here at Mountain Crest High School, is on our exec committee. He has been crazy busy the past week planning all of our activities for this spooky season. Bracken has always loved being involved in these activities. “For me, I just really like to be involved, I really like the behind the scenes kind of stuff. ” Says Bracken, “So being a part of this you know we plan activities and setting everything up and then seeing it go so well and be successful is really satisfying for me.”

This October Bracken has had a packed schedule being at the school from 6:30 am to 7:00 pm every weekday. Bracken tells us, “On an average week I probably spend 13-14 hours here everyday.” Bracken does so much for our school making sure all of our activities are fun, engaging, and planned out. He is the one who brings the fun to our school. On top of that, Bracken works hard on his school work and has always been a great friend to everyone around him. He’s always front row cheering everyone on in sports games and sometimes just the daily life of others.

Exec, Bracken Herzler(12), Jared Hochstrasser(12), Steven Hadfield(12), Alizabeth Fonsbeck(12), Kylee Atkinson(12), Brody Shock(12), Matthew Parker(12)

With the crazy month coming to an end, I asked Bracken what his favorite activity was that he planned. “The halloween dance has always been one of my favorite things we’ve ever done along with the Haunted Hallway. It’s so crazy, we put some things so last minute and we worry it won’t look good but somehow it always ends up working out.”

All of the fun activities we have going on in the month of October all happen because of Bracken and his willingness to work hard. He cares for his classmates and their experience in high school and that’s why Bracken was voted to be part of our exec committee this year. Bracken is such a great student, friend and classmate and Mountain Crest wouldn’t be as fun without him.