Investigating the future!

Highschool is ending, lets find a college!

Seniors are having adulthood hit them like a train. College advisers from all around are visiting high schools and meeting all the potentially new students. As they encourage the highschoolers to apply for their college, the stress on students to decide on what to do next is weighing them down. Now let’s hear about three of the amazing universities around us.

Utah State is our first University. They are located in our home town of beautiful Logan. There is also free public transportation all around campus, Logan city and Cache Valley. It is also within one hour drive to four different ski resorts. The semester tuition for undergraduate students is $3,923. Some of their national rankings include; second in the nation for public schooling “2020 National University Rankings” (Washington Monthly, September 2020), USU Online made it to first best Online University, they ranked 23rd best for their online bachelors program, 6th in graduate education, and for online bachelors for military veterans they ranked 18th (U.S. News & World Report, January 2020). As many of us know about the Aggies, here’s something you may not know: there are 124 steps to the top of Old Main hill? 

Our next school is BYU, located in Provo, UT. BYU’s mission statement is to assist individuals in their quest for perfection and eternal life. They are founded supported and guided by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. They are also ranked the No. 1: College in the West for Student Engagement (Wall Street Journal) and No .1: for colleges worth the cost.  In 2019 BYU’s Men’s cross country team won the national championship along with women’s cross country finishing 2nd nationally. They have a 50-50 ratio of males to females. BYU also ranked third for the most bachelor degrees in a foreign language.

The next University we are looking into is the University of Utah located in the center of Salt Lake. They have an amazing student section called the MUSS (the mighty utah student section). U of U is ranked No. 1 in the nation for technology commercialization. They also have a 17:1 student to teacher ratio which is the lowest among utah public universities. The average undergraduate tuition rate for residents is $7,412 per year. They also have an 89% retention rate 1st to 2nd rate. The university also has many activities throughout the year to connect with students. 70% of freshmen graduate within 6 years, the highest graduation rate of any public university in the state. They also have amazing faculty; 4 national Academy of Engineering Members, 16 Guggenheim Foundation Fellows, 13 National Academy of Science Members, 4 National Academy of Engineering Members and many more achievements.