How to Survive MC

I don’t know about all of you, but I personally think high school is very rough and difficult. It is hard in every single way including socially, and mentally. Although high school is very hard, Mountain Crest has a 92% rate of graduates. This means that it is possible to survive high school. This is my third year and I’m still alive, so this is how I am and others have survived.

Improving Socially- I decided to make a goal for myself this year and have the most fun year yet. So my plan to make this happen is to attend as many social events/games as possible but not only attend them but to put myself out there. For example our first home football game was one of these times. I got all dressed up and went to find my friends. My friends were standing by people who I didn’t know very well but I decided to talk to them anyway. I ended up having a really fun time talking to those people I didn’t know. So the lesson that should be learned is to get out of your comfort zone and just send it even if you don’t feel like it. 

Improving Mentally- Not going to lie but this has been my worst year in the actual learning part. My grades keep on dropping but in the years past I have had decent grades. The way to get good grades is simple, try. Literally I am one of the most blonde people I know. Despite being blonde I still would get good grades because I try. For example if the teacher gives you a coloring page and says that it has to look good you spend time to make it look good. Another part of improving mentally is taking care of yourself. Taking care of yourself includes eating right, exercising, and getting enough sleep. Eating right causes you to have more energy to do things that are important which will eventually improve your life in many ways. By exercising, your body becomes more fit which then improves your mood. Getting enough sleep is the most important in my opinion because when you get enough sleep your body is awake and aware of your surroundings. When you are more aware of your surroundings you then understand the material of the lesson which then causes it to then be easier to get good grades.

One other really important aspect of surviving high school is relationships. Dating someone could make or break your whole high school experience. You will be so caught up in the romance that you miss out on some of the funnest times of your life. If you are hanging out with your boyfriend or girlfriend all of the time, there is not really any other time to make friends. Which leads me to my next point, friendships are the most important part of high school. If you don’t have friends that you like or appreciate you will not have any fun. Also if you hang out with the same friends all throughout high school then you are missing out on so many opportunities to meet new people. Get to know lots of new people. Don’t get caught up in drama. 

High school can be really stressful at times but by doing all of these things you can have a lot of fun while being successful.